Rss Feed

Health Kick!

So a lot of people around me, including me, are trying to lose weight these days. For me it's a little harder due to some health issues and the meds I take with side effects of weight gain. What is even harder is all the diet restrictions I have.

When I was diagnosed with over active bladder my doctor told me to start cutting out certain foods. Those were caffeine, chocolate, pop, tea, and coffee. Then after I was officially diagnosed with IC that food list grew by leaps and bounds. But the symptoms were still intense pain and cramping.

A couple weeks ago I was reading Shape Magazine and they had an article about tummy troubles and celiac disease, which is a gluten allergy. Although that isn't my issue I was intrigued by the idea of cutting out gluten to see if my symptoms would decrease. So far they have and I am really excited because for the first time in awhile I am losing weight not gaining or maintaining.

Everyone has their own way of losing but if you have health issues those ways require some real research to make it happen!!

If your trying to lose and don't seem to be - or have pelvic pain and don't know why.... I highly recommend trying cutting out gluten!

{K}

0 comments:

Post a Comment